Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pug's happy birthday

Yep, it's true.  On this day two short years ago, a star shone in the west and a pug was born unto two wise women.  A lot has happened since then.  Rex came along a few months back.  That was a big adjustment--he's a big-eared goofball, but he is warm and good for cuddling during naps, so that's ok.  However, recently, there's a new little one in our house.  I know what you're thinking....no, it's not another adorable pug.  It's a baby.  Seriously, a baby.  I mean these two have to be pushing 40...what are they thinking?!?  They can't even keep up with me on a good day.  I don't think either of them have ever caught a squirrel.  How can they properly raise a child?  Looks like it's going to be up to me, Lily and Rex to look after him.  Like this morning.  Ben was in his little seat, just hanging out.  He'd eaten earlier, so he had milk all over his hands.  Well, I couldn't let that sweet little boy go wandering around with dirty hands, so I did the most logical thing.  Well, the next thing you know, Shari's coming in the room screaming at me.  Fine.  You  don't appreciate me...I'll just go lie down somewhere.  Perfect...what a nice cozy little mini-chair.  It's pug-sized and perfect...ohhhhhhhh....and it's cushion-y.  And you would not believe what came next?!?  I got scolded again!  "Don't lick Ben", "Don't sleep in Ben's chair"  "Ben, Ben, Ben"  What kind of birthday was this?  I'm not sure they even noticed.  Probably because it was BEN's 44th day on the planet.  Well, I've had enough.  I'm leaving.  You can only treat a pug so badly before he up and packs his bags.  Granted I don't have bags per se, but I have a few possessions.  There's that nylabone.  It's in Rex's bed, but I think I can lift it without him knowing.  I've got a set of plastic teething rings I like...then there's that pacifier I found on the floor last week.  I put it under the bed so no one  would know I have it.  Yeah.  I'll show them.  Come sun up, this pug's hitting the road.  I'm gonna go somewhere I'm appreciated.   Hang on.  Kelly's calling me.  Be right back ................................................................................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................................................................................
MMMMMmmmmmmmmmm...smack, smack, smack.    Chicken treat.  Kelly called me in there really quiet so none of the other dogs would hear and she sang me happy birthday and gave ONLY me a snack.  Guess it's not so bad around here after all. Besides, Ben's eating again...they're bound to set that bottle down sooner or later!

No comments:

Post a Comment